Who we are.
JAGS Sports Club (”the Club”) is a brand owned by James Allen’s Girls’ School, whose registered office is located at 144 East Dulwich Grove, London, SE22 8TE, registered in England under Company No 3636087. This policy describes the types of personal information that we may collect about you, the purposes for which we use the information, the circumstances in which we may share the information and the steps that we take to safeguard the information to protect your privacy.
Any personal information provided to or gathered by the Club is controlled by JAGS Community Enterprises (JCE) and James Allen’s Girls’ School (the data controllers), whose registered office is located at 144 East Dulwich Grove, London, SE22 8TE, registered in England under Company No 3636087.
What this privacy notice is for.
This policy is intended to provide information about how the Club will use (or “process”) personal data about individuals including its members.
This information is provided because Data Protection Law gives individuals rights to understand how their data is used. Staff and members are all encouraged to read this Privacy Notice and understand the club’s obligations to its entire community.
This Privacy Notice applies alongside any other information the Club may provide about a particular use of personal data, for example when collecting data via an online or paper form.
This Privacy Notice also applies in addition to the Club’s other relevant terms and conditions and policies, including:
- the Club’s policy on the use of CCTV;
- the Club’s retention of records;
- the Club’s safeguarding, pastoral, or health and safety policies, including as to how concerns or incidents are recorded.Anyone who works for, or acts on behalf of, the Club (including staff, volunteers, Directors and service providers) should also be aware of and comply with this Privacy Notice and the Club’s data protection policy for staff, which also provides further information about how personal data about those individuals will be used.
Responsible For Data Protection.
- James Allen’s Girls’ School has appointed the Club Manager as the Data Controller who will deal with all your requests and enquiries concerning the Club’s uses of your personal data and endeavour to ensure that all personal data is processed in compliance with this policy and Data Protection Law
Requests and enquiries should be sent to the Club Manager; email@example.com
What personal information about members
do we gather?
The information we gather from our club users help us to continually improve your experience at the Club. This personal information may include:
- your name and contact information
- date of birth
- preferred communication methods
- bank details and credit card details
We also create information that becomes part of the personal information we hold about you, such as:
- your membership number
- your usage of the club
We may also collect and create details on joint members and other family members, where applicable, including family members under the age of 18.
We also collect the following information:
- Sensitive information The term “sensitive information” in this context refers to information related to your racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religion or other beliefs, health, criminal background or trade union membership. Whilst we do not generally collect sensitive information unless it is volunteered by you, we do specifically collect health data to the extent that it is required to assess your readiness for physical exercise. We will use health information provided by you exclusively to serve you better and meet your particular needs. By providing the sensitive information to us, you are consenting to our using it in the manner set out in this Policy.
- Personal Information from Children We do not knowingly collect personal information from individuals under 18 years of age without the permission of their parent or guardian. As a parent or legal guardian, please do not to allow your children to submit personal information without your permission.
- Photographs for Membership Card In the interests of security and the prevention of crime, we may take a digital photograph of each member to whom a membership card is issued. By providing the digital photograph to us, you are consenting to our using it in the manner set out in this Policy.
- Contacting us via Website or otherwise When you use the www.jagssportsclub.co.ukwebsite (“Our Site”) or contact us by post, telephone, fax, email or SMS, we collect, store and use certain personal information that you disclose to us. This includes details such as your name, address, telephone, fax, email and mobile phone number as well as traffic data, location data, web logs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access. If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- CCTV We use CCTV in our clubs for health and security reasons. If you have any queries in relation to the use of CCTV operating in and around our clubs please contact us.
- Surveys We also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
WHAT DO WE DO WITH PERSONAL INFORMATION COLLECTED FROM YOU?
We use personal information to provide the services you request from the Club such as to facilitate:
- staff administration
- administration of your membership of the club
- facilitate bookings of classes and appointments with our own or third party service providers and
- other transactions
We may also use the information to:
- advertise products and services
- to process payments and maintain accounts and records
- to prevent crime and aid in the prosecution of offenders and
- to administer and maintain membership records.
In addition, we use this information to improve our platform, prevent or detect fraud or abuses of our website and enable third parties to carry out technical, logistical or other functions on our behalf.
We also use your details to send you
- newsletters and promotions, and to conduct online surveys or surveys by telephone
- prize draws
- competitions and
- other promotions via email, telephone or post.
We will also use the information in the course of collecting your membership fees and any other payments that may be due to us from you. If you apply for employment at the Club, we use the personal information you supply to process your job application.
What about Cookies?
Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that we transfer to your computer’s hard drive through your web browser to enable our systems to recognise your browser and to automatically collect information from your computer such as your IP address and other details about your computer which are automatically collected by our web server, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
The “Help” menu on the menu bar of most browsers will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie and how to disable cookies altogether. Additionally, you can disable or delete similar data used by browser add-ons, such as Flash cookies, by changing the add-on’s settings or visiting the website of its manufacturer
If you do leave cookies turned on, be sure to sign off when you finish using a shared computer.
- To estimate our audience size and usage pattern.
- To store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise Our Site according to your individual interests.
- To speed up your searches.
- To recognise you when you return to Our Site.
Does the club share the information it receives?
Information about our club users is an important part of our business and we do not sell it to others. The Club shares member information only as described below
Promotional Offers: Sometimes we send offers to club users on behalf of other businesses. When we do this, we do not give that business your name and address. If you do not want to receive such offers, please tick the opt-out box in your terms and conditions or let us know in writing if you don’t want us to receive these offers.
With your consent, other than as set out above, you will receive notice when information about you might go to third parties and you will have an opportunity to choose not to share the information.
How secure is the information about me?
We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards in connection with the collection, storage and disclosure of personally identifiable information. Our security procedures mean that we may occasionally request proof of identity before we disclose personal information to you.
What choices do I have?
Are children allowed to use the club?
If you are under 18, you may use the Club only with the involvement of a parent or guardian.
What rights do I have in relation to my personal information?
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal information for marketing purposes by sending an email to our Marketing Manager. The Data Protection Act 1998 (as amended) gives you the right to access personal information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. If you would like to access your personal information contact us by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to The Manager, JAGS Sports Club, Red Post Hill, Dulwich, London SE24 9JN.
Notices and revisions.
SGP1 JAGS SPORTS CLUB/Child Safeguarding Policy Statement
JAGS Sports club is committed to providing an environment in which all children and young
people participating in its activities have a safe and positive experience.
In order to achieve this, JAGS Sports Club agrees to:
1/ Adopt and implement a full set of policies and procedures set out in the JAGS Sports Club Safeguarding booklet
2/ Recognise that all children participating in activities at JAGS Sports Club (regardless of age, gender, race, religion, sexual orientation, ability or disability) have a right to enjoy their involvement in sports and activities at JAGS Sports Club in a safe environment and be protected from harm.
3/ Ensure that all individuals who work with children in the organisation, whether paid or voluntary, provide a positive, safe and enjoyable experience for children.
4/ Appoint a Designated Safeguard Lead with the necessary skills and training to manage safeguarding who will take the lead in dealing with all child safeguarding matters raised within the organisation.
5/Ensure that the DSL’s name and contact details are known to all staff, members and parents of members.
6/ Ensure the DSL is available to discuss issues of concern on matters of safeguarding and deal
with such concerns appropriately and in line with the Safe Guarding guidelines.
7/ Ensure that all individuals who work with children in the organisation have undertaken the appropriate training, have had the relevant DBS checks, and adhere to the required practices for safeguarding children as outlined in the Safe Guarding guidelines.
8/ Ensure that all individuals who will be working or will work with children in the organisation have been recruited in accordance with the Safeguarding standards set out in the JAGS Sports Club Policies and procedures.
9/ Ensure that all individuals who work with children in the organisation have the appropriate
training, code of conduct and good practice to follow in line with the guidance in JAGS Sports Club Policies and procedures and codes of practice.
10/ Provide all members of the organisation and parents of members with the opportunity to raise
concerns in a safe and confidential manner if they have a concern about a child’s welfare.
11/ Ensure that all child safeguarding matters, whether they be concerns about child welfare or
protection, are dealt with appropriately in accordance with the guidance for reporting and action in the Safe Guarding guidelines.
12/ Ensure that confidentiality is maintained appropriately and in line with the best interests of the child.
13./ Ensure all papers relating to child safeguarding matters are held in a safe and secure manner.